Friday, August 8, 2008

The Masterpieces

When it came to choose the greatest album ever made, one thing came up in my mind. How could you call it the greatest album? To me, it should be able to make me listen to the entire album, I remember lots of details in many songs, I could hum the melodies and the guitar solos. Most of the albums in the list I bought during my school days (junior high schools – university) when time was abundant and my life was way more simple that it is. They made their way to the list after I listened to it hundred times.

I’ve discovered some great albums recently but I don’t have such opportunities to listen to it for hundreds times anymore, so it lacks of deep emotional relationship between the songs and me. (Tool’s Lateralus, Megadeth’s Youthanasia, Radiohead’s albums are great. Recently I’ve just discovered Porcupine Tree, Bullet For My Valentine. They rocks!).

Well, it’s not easy to make a shorter list. If you ask me to make a new list later, it could
be completely different. So, here is the list (the list sequence doesn't represent the rank):

Rush - Exit... Stage Left

Pink Floyd – The Wall

Metallica - … And Justice For All

Dream Theater – Images And Words

Mr. Big – Lean Into It

Van Halen – 5150

Saga – In Transit

Poison – Flesh & Blood

Motley Crue – Girls, Girls, Girls

GRP Super Live in Concert

BostonDon't Look Back

The Black Crowes – The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion

Whitesnake – 1987

Def Leppard – Hysteria

Iwan Fals – Mata Dewa

God Bless – Semut Hitam

Swami – Swami

Indra Lesmana – For Earth and Heaven

Ugly Kid Joe – America’s Least Wanted

Guns N' Roses – Use Your Illusion I & II

Sepultura – Arise

Mr. Mister – Welcome to the Real World

Extreme – III Sides To Every Stories

Pantera – Vulgar Display of Power

Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Blood Sugar Sex Magik

No comments: